April 16, 2008
Fighting the urge to drink
* Do whatever you have to, but do not have that first drink. , a pot of tea, oprograms, do it. These things become the weapons in the fight for your life.
* Keep chocolate handy. Chocolate cravings are typical when problem drinkers quit. It will increase your endorphins and help reduce the urges you will feel.
* Why alcohol is taking over your life is a question that will only be answered when you DON’T let it take over your life. It’s like a kind of non-living, evil dictator demon liquid that can only live and breathe and act in the world through you.
* Tell the truth: if someone sees that your behavior has changed regarding drinking, just say it. “I quit drinking” or “I’m slowing down”… That truth will eventually disarm the pressure that people, places, and events have on you to drink.
* Eat meat/fish and fresh vegetables with every meal, malnutrition is a major source of dependency.
* Avoid Situations where you might be tempted to drink. Non alcoholic drinks do exist and can be a wonderful alternative when drinking is socially acceptable.