Please also see these pages:
- Links, External Links Policy And Affiliate Compensation Disclosure
By using this site, or purchasing any information as a result of you using this site you signify your assent to this Disclaimer and these Terms and Conditions in full and without any exception. If you do not agree to this Disclaimer and these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site or act in any way on the information contained on this site. We may revise and update these Terms and
Conditions at any time. Your continued use of this website will mean you accept those changes.
This information is NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. We disclaim any liability for the decision you make based on the information on this site or referred to by this site. You should not exclusively use any information on this site to help you stop drinking without taking medical advice.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold StopDrinkingAdvice.org, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Our lawyers made us include these conditions and made us link to it from our home page to get you here. Below we have taken the legalese the lawyers wrote and translated it into readable English. So be smart and read the stuff on this page. It could prevent you from hearing from our lawyers, or worse yet, from really nasty people, like prosecutors.
We run this site so that people like you (and people you like) can use it for personal entertainment, information, education, communication, and cybergratification. So go ahead and browse around all you like. You can even download stuff from the site but only for non-commercial, personal use. If you do, though, please respect the copyright and other notices all over the site. They’re there
for a really good reason. Do not start distributing, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting any of the content, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes unless we give you written permission.
If you visit our site, you’re also legally obligated to the terms and conditions listed below and any other law or regulation that applies to the site, the Internet, the World Wide Web, or the UK. You shouldn’t access or browse the site if you have any problem with that, because you are legally bound by the terms and conditions.
So here’s the terms you agree with in visiting this site:
1. Assume everything on the site is copyrighted unless we say it’s not. So you can’t use the information except how we say you can on this page or anywhere else on the site without our written permission.
2. While we try to include accurate stuff on the site, we’re not promising you it’s accurate. In fact, we’re not promising you anything except fun and entertainment. So if you use or act on any information on the site, you’re using it at your own risk. Don’t call us if there’s a problem because we assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
This website is for information purposes only. All opinions are based either on our own experience and opinions plus the feedback of visitors to our website(s). We make no claims that any of the information here is factually accurate or even useful to you, but is merely a statement based upon our research, feedback reported to us and personal experience and opinion or other source.
We do not guarantee any results in your attempts to stop drinking using the information on this site. And while the advice we offer, both free and paid, has been useful to some people to help them stop, reduce or control their drinking, we make no express claims of such for any particular individual, as there are too many other factors involved.
You should always consult a doctor and take medical advise before you act on any advice from this site. No action can be taken against the owners or publishers of this website as a result of any actions taken as a result of following the information given within
this site or recommended from this site. You should do your own research and investigation before taking any action.
This information is NOT intended to replace the advice of a doctor. We disclaim any liability for the decision you make based on this information or any information referred to from this site. You should not exclusively use any information on this site to help you stop
drinking without taking medical advice.
3. We and anybody else who helped us create, produce, or deliver the site are not liable for any damages you suffer when you use it. In particular, the lawyers want you to know that our disclaimer includes "direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. " Ugh! What a mouthful from the mouthpieces. We put all of that in quotes because we couldn’t figure out any other way to say it that the lawyers would accept. But here’s the bottom line – we’re not responsible if you’re browsing around and the site damages you or your computer or infects it with any nasty viruses. We sure hope that doesn’t happen, but if it does, don’t call us.
4. If you don’t want the world to know something, don’t post in on the site in any bulletin board or anyplace else. That’s because anything you disclose to us is ours. That’s right – ours. So we can do anything we want with the stuff you post. We can reproduce it, disclose it, transmit it, publish it, broadcast it, and post it someplace else. We can even send it to your mother (as soon as we find her address). Not only that, we can even use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques you post any way we want to, including, developing, manufacturing and marketing products or other stuff using the information you post. Also note that we take absolutely no responsibility for any comments, customer feedback, blog posts, bulletin board posts, or other content submitted to us and reproduced on this site, all comments are posted as received and unedited by ourselves.
5. Pictures of people or places shown on the site are either our property or someone else’s property we’re using with their permission. No matter what, it’s definitely not your property. You or any of your net-friends can’t use it unless we said you could on this page or somewhere else on the site. And guess what – we won’t say yes. So be careful, Bunky, because unauthorized use may violate all sorts of nasty laws. Be smart, keep the stuff you download to yourself.
6. There’s also a lot of trademarks, logos, and service marks on the site that either we own or we’re using with someone else’s permission. So don’t think you have any kind of license or right to use them, because you don’t and we’re not about to give you one. If you don’t leave them alone and mess with our trademarks, logos and service marks on our site, we’ll probably go ballistic, so will the companies that own the other trademarks, logos and service marks. That means that we’re likely to sue you or to ask a prosecutor to come after you for messing around with our property or the property of others.
7. You’ll probably notice we’ve linked our site to lots of others. While that’s cool, it doesn’t mean we’ve looked at all those sites, much less checked them out periodically to see what’s going on. So don’t blame us if some site you link to is bad or has stuff on it that offends you or your pets. Go ahead and link, but remember, you’re doing it at your risk.
8. That brings us to what you do on our own site. While we occasionally listen in on chat groups, or look at the posting in our discussion groups or on our bulletin boards, we take no responsibility and assume no liability for the content of those locations or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity you might encounter when you visit such places on our site. And don’t be stupid by posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, nasty, mean, or profane material or any material that law enforcement types may consider a criminal offense, get someone in court on a civil lawsuit, or for that matter violate any law – anywhere, anytime. While we certainly respect your privacy, we have no choice but to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court which might ask us who might have posted nasty stuff on our site.
9. Software that we use on this Site is protected by all sorts of patriotic U.S. and U.K. and Spanish laws. Because of that, you can’t download or send the software to anyone in the vacation travel spots of Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country where United States has embargoed goods; or (get this) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals, the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders, or the FBI’s Most Wanted Internet Creeps List (just kidding on the last one). As if that were not tough enough, if you live in or are a national of any of those lovely places, you’re not even supposed to be reading this page.
10. We’re also allowed to change this page and anything else on the site any time we want to. That’s because it’s ours and we have the programmers who can do it. If we do change the page, then you’re bound by [read: stuck with] those changes, too, whenever you visit our site.
11. If either of us wants to make something of it and wants to "sue" (a dirty word) then we have to follow these rules of engagement. (sort of according to the Geneva Convention):
This Agreement is governed by the laws of Britain, without regard to principles of conflict of laws.
To the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate StopDrinkingAdvice.org and/or its affiliates’ intellectual property rights, StopDrinkingAdvice.org and/or its affiliates may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court in Britain, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
Any other disputes will be resolved as follows:
If a dispute arises under this agreement, we agree to first try to resolve it with the help of a mutually agreed-upon mediator in the following location: UK. Any costs and fees other than attorney fees associated with the mediation will be shared equally by each of us.
If it proves impossible to arrive at a mutually satisfactory solution through mediation, we agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration at the following location: somewhere in the UK, under the rules of the approriate Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitration may be entered in any court with jurisdiction to do so.
If this all sounds kind of mean and undiplomatic, you should have seen what the lawyers gave to us in the first place. We had to remind them that human torture and sacrifice was outlawed in the UK. Boy, did they look disappointed!
1st January 2007