September 2, 2008
Tips to Quit Alcohol
1) Distance yourself from places and situations where you might find yourself tempted to drink. Avoid bars and quit hanging around the “drinking buddies” who won’t support or understand your goal to quit drinking.
2) Throw out your alcohol. Get rid of it if it is in your house. Should you have a spouse or roommate that drinks, ask them not to do so around you. Removing it from your life is as many aspects as possible is essential is you really want to stop drinking.
3) Tried but true‚?¶ take it one day at a time.
4) Share with friends and family your desire to stop drinking alcohol. Surround yourself with people who will support your decision and help you keep your goal.
5) Reward yourself! Give yourself motivation not to drink. For every day (or even every hour) that goes by where you don’t have a drink, give yourself a pat on the back! Cheer yourself on and give yourself the recognition you deserve for having the power to stop drinking. Share those big and small triumphs with family and friends.