July 7, 2007
Why You Should Not Drink and Drive
Drinking and driving doesn’t go well along and it can not only prove to be fatal for the other guy but also the driver and the passengers of the car itself. For sure one should desist from intake of alcohol during driving as there is a remarkably augmented risk of car accidents, damage to property and injury to people.
Astonishing facts about drinking and driving
- It is hard to believe but the fact is that about 20% of the traffic sufferers all over the world take place due to drunk driving. We all should act sensibly and like responsible citizens, should understand the ill effects of drunk driving and refrain from doing it.
- Looking carefully at the statistics it is revealed that half of the offenders caught were not under the influence of alcohol but other banned substances like drugs.
There are certain measures that can be implemented to curb drunk driving.
- Value and morals of a person plays a very important role in this regard! So parents should make that extra effort in telling and warning their children against drunk driving and show their own daily lives to their children by example and imbibe in them the importance of behaving as a responsible citizen. And, they should do nothing to bring any harm or any injury to people including something as irresponsible as drunk driving.
- Police should perform arbitrary checks on drunk drivers, especially at night to catch the offenders and reduce the menace. Most efficient way is a breath analyzer test which is the most common test used to catch the offenders DUI or Drinking under the Influence of Intoxicants that may cause problems in the present and in the future.
- Law against drunk drivers should be stringent and regular checks for drunk drivers on the road can be carried out by the law. Reprobates should be sternly punished in the form of levying heavy fines and penalties. Licenses of regular offenders should be suspended or terminated. Psychoanalysis programs should be conducted for those people who can’t kiss the habit goodbye. Every state should provide ample information on the bad effects of DUI at the time of the driver’s exams.
- With new technology in, many cars will have sensors installed in them like alarm systems in case the driver inside falls asleep. They will soon be fitted with anti collision devices so that the car brakes automatically if it is about to crash with another object in the front or the back.
Unfortunately if you are detained for DUI, then hiring a DUI lawyer proves to be the best decision. Driving under the influence can have serious consequences on you if you are involved in a car accident. The offender may face penalties like jail or prison, penalties or fines, vehicle impoundment, etc. The DUI lawyer is accustomed with the ins and outs and procedures involved with DUI charges and are your best bet if you find yourself in such a predicament.
So just take into account your actions and act as a responsible citizen that can actually set an example to other people as well. Make sure it is not you who would unnecessarily force others to drink at your parties. Prevention is always better than cure. Hence, drinking and driving should not go jointly.